sábado, 6 de febrero de 2010

THIRD EVALUATION. Relative Pronouns

Relative Pronouns are used to repeat the meaning of a
previous noun (the antecedent),at the same time they
connect the relative clause to the rest of the sentence.
So they act as conjunctions and pronouns at the same time.

e.g. What’s the name of the blond girl?
She just came in.


What’s the name of the blond girl who just came in?

In the second example, who replaces she as the subject
of came, and also allows us to join the two sentences into one.

who ______ whom _______ whose ________

which _____ that ________ what _________

when _____ where _______ why _________

Complete the following with who or which.

Is that the man who you were talking about?
No; don’t you recognize him?

He’s the one ________ married Silvia Fuentes.
Oh, yes, of course.
He owned the horse _______ won the Derby, didn’t he?

That’s right. And he’s also the man ______ bought that painting
by Clemente Orozco.
He must be very rich! And he has good taste.

It’s a painting ________ I have always admired.

If you like that kind of painting, you should see the

one __________ my cousin bought last year!

I have! I saw it at that party of his in Ensenada ______
lasted until five in the morning.

Of course! I’d forgotten you knew Jorge.

Now, I remember, I was the person __________ introduced
you to him. You certainly were.

It was at an exhibition. You know, the one __________
stayed open for about six months. I remember.

He was with that blond woman ___________ I didn’t like -
Maura, I think she was called.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario